On Park Day, February 22, 1908, members of
the Women’s Club
flanked a local dignitary at the dedication of the new Railroad
Park that was planned, sponsored, and created by the ladies. It
was a linear park that ran parallel to the railroad tracks, on
the east side. The park was later moved to the west side of the
train station so that Park Street (now Tamalpais Drive) could be
widened to its full 40-foot width.